NEW YORK – Former “Survivor” winner Ethan Zohn’s cancer has returned.
Zohn’s publicist confirms physicians discovered cancer in his chest in September. News of the diagnosis was first reported by People.com.
Zohn was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin’s disease in 2009. Two rounds of chemotherapy did not work, and he underwent a stem cell transplant. He was in remission until his latest diagnosis.
The 37-year-old is undergoing a new form of chemotherapy called SGN-35, which involves an antibody drug that zeroes in on cancer cells and is thought to be less toxic to the rest of the body.
Zohn states he hopes to undergo another stem cell transplant after three months of treatment.
Zohn competed on the current season of CBS’ “The Amazing Race” with his girlfriend, fellow “Survivor” champion Jenna Morasca. They were sent home in the second episode.
- Photographer flies with medevac team in Afghanistan
- Freed hikers: Iran held us because we are American
- US: Drawdown in Afghanistan to start slowly
- Clinton makes surprise visit to Pakistan
- Corbett replaces his chief of staff
- Where to seek help regarding IT and its devices
- EU: Family Ties with Rich Cousin Germany Turn Bittersweet
- Republicans 'Ending Medicare' is PolitiFact's 2011 Lie of the Year
- Hunter announces he is done as Capitals coach
- Cardinal states Cuba will free prisoners as promised
Submited at Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 at 10:00 pm on Health by fenny
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback