Jimmy Buffett injured in stage fall
NEW: Buffett checked out of a hospital Thursday, his website saysVideo shows Buffett taking one step too many toward fansBuffett fell off the stage at the end of a show in Sydney, Australia, manager states
Sydney, Australia (CNN) — Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett fell off a concert stage and was injured at the end of a show in Sydney, Australia, Wednesday night, according to his manager.
Buffett, 64, spent a day in Sydney’s St. Vincent’s Hospital, but he was released on Thursday, according to a statement posted on his website.
While the hospital would not release details of his treatment, an announcer on Buffett’s Sirius XM channel “Radio Margaritaville” stated he received several stitches for a cut to his head.
He misjudged where the stage ended because of footlights, the announcer said.
A video of the incident posted on YouTube shows Buffett closing his concert in Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion with his song “Lovely Cruise.”
“Thank you, good night and God bless,” Buffett told his fans.
After he put his guitar down, Buffett walked toward the cheering crowd with his arms raised.
The video showed the singer taking one step too many, dropping off the front edge of the stage.
Jimmy Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band have performed several sold-out shows in Sydney over the past week, Australia’s Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.
CNN’s Claudia Dominguez contributed to this report
- Last police officer in Mexico border town vanishes
- 18 dead in attack on Kabul hotel
- Derby winner I'll Have Another 5-2 second favorite for Preakness
- FDA panel backs first rapid, take home HIV test
- Florida State is not leaving the ACC for the Big 12 ... at least not today
- TRADE: Time for Fairer Trade, Indonesia Tells EU
- Israeli police: 7 wounded in Palestinian attack
- Further Reading on Obamacare at the Supreme Court
- Dodger Ethier ties MLB's hit-streak mark for April
- 5 killed in Dutch mall shooting
Submited at Thursday, January 27th, 2011 at 3:00 pm on Entertainment by Lilay
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback