BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Indiana forward Christian Watford is out indefinitely after breaking his left hand.
The school states Watford was injured during Sunday’s 84-83 overtime loss at Michigan State and had surgery Tuesday. Watford is Indiana’s top scorer at 17 points per game.
It’s the second significant injury to an Indiana sophomore in less than three weeks. Guard Maurice Creek had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his right kneecap on Jan. 20 and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Watford and Creek were projected to be the cornerstones of Indiana’s rebuilding project when they arrived last season. Creek was the Hoosiers’ top scorer last season, while Watford was No. 3.
- Mubarak refuses to step down; rage follows
- AF447 pilot: 'Damn it, we are going to crash'
- Gardner, not Jeter, at leadoff for N.Y. vs. Rays
- Chinese Cycling tops At wholesale prices * The new year Lower price National football league Cycling tops
- Types of Private Security
- ECUADOR: Keeping Age-old Weaving Technique Alive
- Paris Hilton's man: Putting a ring on it?
- US releases names of 30 troops killed in chopper
- RWANDA: Stronger Support for Children Affected by HIV
- OnStar reverses controversial tracking policy
Submited at Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 at 12:00 am on Sports by fenny
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback