updated 10:22 AM EDT, Thu May 31, 2012
“Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns,” will be a sequel to Lauren Weisberger’s debut novel “The Devil Wears Prada.”
Lauren Weisberger is working on “Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns”It will be a sequel to her debut novel “The Devil Wears Prada”Simon & Schuster will be publishing the follow-up in April 2013
(EW.com) — If trends come in cycles, maybe it’s time to bring Miranda Priestly, Andrea Sachs, and the “clackers” at Runway magazine out of the fashion closet.
EW has learned exclusively that author Lauren Weisberger is working on “Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns,” a sequel to her debut novel “The Devil Wears Prada.” Simon & Schuster will be publishing the follow-up in April 2013 — 10 years after the release of the original.
In 2003, “The Devil Wears Prada” reached the top of the best-seller lists and went on to inspire the hit 2006 film starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. The novel — a roman à clef partly based on Weisberger’s own experience as second assistant to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour — told the story of Andrea “Andy” Sachs, an aspiring journalist dealing with the increasingly unreasonable demands of her fashion editrix boss Miranda Priestly.
“Revenge Wears Prada” picks up eight years after Andy parted ways with Miranda on bad terms. Andy is now editing The Plunge, the hottest bridal magazine around, alongside Emily, her one-time Runway nemesis turned current BFF. While Andy is planning her own wedding to Max, a handsome media scion, she remains haunted by her impeccably heeled former boss — and the magazine world being as small as it is, it’s only a matter of time before she hears the dreaded syllables “Ahn-dre-ah!” again.
CLICK HERE to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly
- More Proof To Shop Around For Medical Care: Cost Of A Diabetes Test Varies Wildly
- Can Prescription Amphetamine Use Raise Parkinson's Risk? (HealthDay)
- Controversy Brews Over Climate Change Adaptation Project
- John Baer: Could 'stashed' funds help Pa. schools in crisis?
- CORRUPTION: Egyptians Can Claim Mubarak's Stolen Billions
- Report: Steve Jobs had a hand in iPhone 5
- On royal wedding eve, crowds swell outside the abbey
- Anyone who thinks Pennsylvania is close to legalizing pot must be smoking something
- Money fears vs. real benefits in Medicaid choice
- Brain swelling may be common with Alzheimer's drugs
Submited at Thursday, May 31st, 2012 at 2:59 pm on Entertainment by Demoli
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback