The Vancouver Police are trying to determine the full circumstances, and no charges have been brought against the producer.
The driver was returning the mobile set to a storage facility after filming for the day wrapped He hit a 61-year-old Surrey, British Columbia, residentThe victim, whose name hasn’t been released, died in a local hospital soon after the collision
(EW.com) — Tragedy befell the lighthearted game show “Cash Cab” Friday when a producer for the Canadian branch of the show struck and killed an elderly pedestrian in Vancouver.
The driver was returning the mobile set to a storage facility after filming for the day wrapped when he hit the 61-year-old Surrey, British Columbia, resident in the city’s Downtown Eastside district. The victim, whose name hasn’t been released, died in a local hospital soon after the collision.
Andrew Burnstein, president of Castlewood Productions Inc., which produces the show’s Canadian version, issued a statement: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and his friends and his family. My heart also goes out to the driver of the vehicle, a member of our technical staff, who is shaken and devastated by this tragic accident, as is our entire team.”
The driver and members of the Castlewood team are fully cooperating with the Vancouver Police, who are still trying to determine the full circumstances of the accident. No charges have been brought against the producer.
See the original article at EW.com.
CLICK HERE to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly
- Is Michele Bachmann's Spine Made of Titanium, or Tin Foil?
- 41 Mexican prison guards charged in mass jailbreak
- Nearly 1,000 dead after Philippines typhoon
- Knicks fined $200K for illegal draft work
- Egypt protesters torch candidate's HQ
- Jury convicts Mass. mother who withheld cancer meds
- No. 15 Notre Dame shocks No. 2 Pittsburgh on road
- WellPoint Buys Amerigroup, Bets Big on Medicaid Expansion: But Will States and Voters Cooperate?
- 50 threatens to leak Dr. Dre's next single
- US Navy rescues Iranian fishermen, again
Submited at Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 at 3:00 pm on Entertainment by samantha
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback