NEW ORLEANS — An Alabama fan was charged Thursday with sexual battery after authorities say he was captured on video performing a simulated sex act on an unconscious LSU fan after the BCS championship game.
An Orleans Parish grand jury indicted 32-year-old Brian H. Downing on one count each of sexual battery of a male victim and obscenity.
A video that went viral on the Internet is believed to have been taken at a fast-food restaurant in New Orleans after Alabama defeated LSU on Jan. 9. A man wearing Crimson Tide attire appears to be “placing his genitals on an LSU fan’s face. The LSU fan appears to be heavily inebriated and practically unconscious,” a police statement said.
Authorities say that Tide fan was Downing of Smiths Station, Ala., who had been booked on charges of sexual battery and obscenity. The court set bond at $50,000.
“While we are obviously disappointed, we remain confident in our defense,” stated Downing’s attorney Michael Kennedy.
Kennedy stated he hoped the case would be brought to a quick resolution.
“It’s my impression that the say is anxious to get this done,” Kennedy said. “There is no resolution on the table at this time, but we hope to get something done quickly.”
Downing remains “fairly upbeat considering the situation,” Kennedy said.
Downing was fired from his job after the video was posted, the attorney said, and has been unable to find another because of charges pending against him.
- 53 dead in attack on casino in northern Mexico
- NATO service member killed by bomb in Afghanistan
- U.N. warns on mutant strain of bird flu virus
- Some Kazakh oilmen avoid work after deadly clashes
- 'Poo-machine' draws crowds to 'adult Disneyland'
- Hearing starts in soldier's 'thrill kill' case
- claimed it kept watchful about most of the point of view towards advanced. We aren't talking happy Its actually awkward accessoire, he said.
- FDA cracks down on untested cold medicines
- Murray into semis; Clijsters to meet Zvonareva
- Massachusetts Mom Gets Just Punishment for Withholding Son's Cancer Meds (ContributorNetwork)
Submited at Friday, May 18th, 2012 at 1:59 am on Sports by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback